Join us for our 2023 Bee School, to be held on Saturday, February 25 at Clayton Homestead.
This in person workshop will start at 8:00 and run until 4:15 pm. Lunch will be served. Bees will be available for pre-order at the event.
NEW MEMBERS: Click here to register now! Registration includes 2023 membership in the Etowah River Beekeepers!
The class agenda includes:
- Introduction to beekeeping
- Hardware and equipment, clothing and tools
- How to locate and set up your apiary
- Learning about honeybee lifecycle and anatomy
- How to get your bees
- How to install your bees into your hive
- How to capture swarms
- How to manage and treat diseases and pests
- Basics of bee nutrition.
If weather permits, we will head out into the apiary for some hands-on observation!